Saturday, May 2, 2009

Microsoft Windows XP - Not My Friend

41T4Y8AT95L._SS500_ Copy
I love Mac OSX. My Mac just works. It runs all the software I need including Microsoft Office for Mac. But, sadly, on occasion there is a need for the other OS. We have a Windows box running XP. It is currently used only for college software.

And today it sucked 4 hours from my life.

Today, for some unknown reason, the Windows box decided not connect to the internet. Nothing changed. No updates. No changes. No new software. No new hardware. Just broke. This is why I hate Windows.

Four hours of fiddling later the box connected. What did I do? Not a thing. I finally had given up and was about to throw the box out the window. I reset everything to the original settings just to see if it would connect. It did.

I am thinking the Windows box was jealous and missed my attention.

No comments: